I have made Gajar Halwa Recipe with Milk.
It is a traditional dish and popular in almost all states of India. It is a favorite of Maharashtra.
Seasonally Gajar ka Halwa is prepared from January to March. But now carrots are available throughout the year and so Carrot Halwa Recipe is prepared in most of the houses all over India any time of the year.
The word Halwa means sweet consisting of carrots, milk, and sugar or jaggery.
But nowadays mawa or khoya is added to make it tastier and richer
Carrots are tasty and nutritious they have many benefits
Benefits of Carrots
- Carrots are a good source of beta carotene, fiber, Vitamin K, Potassium, and antioxidants
- They lower cholesterol levels
- They improve eye health and the beta carotene present in the orange carrots gives vitamin A . Vitamin A helps reduce the degeneration of the retina.
- Potassium present in the carrots control the blood pressure
- beta carotene gives the orange color to the carrots
Ingredients of Gajar Halwa Recipe with Milk
- 1 kg carrots or gajar
- Sugar 100gms
- 1 and a half cup milk
- Almonds for garnish
- 6 cardamoms made into powder
Cooking Process of Gajar Halwa Recipe With Milk
- Wash the carrots thoroughly, scrape them and grate them. Keep aside
- Heat a Kadai
- Put 1 teaspoon ghee.
- Add grated carrots and let them saute
- Sugar to be added and mixed well
- The sugar and carrots will leave the juice of sugar. Let the juice dissolve well
- Add milk and let it cook
- The size of the dish will reduce to half
- Now mix in cardamom powder
- Close the lid and let it simmer for 2 minutes
- Garnish with almonds and serve
As u can see this Gajar Halwa recipe is very quick and easy and it hardly takes any time.
Serve it during festivals like Dussehra and Diwali as a sweet dish.
All the family members love Gajar ka halwa very much and keep asking for more again and again.
I am sure everyone shall love this recipe.
Do prepare this awesome recipe of Gajar Halwa Recipe with milk at home and don’t forget to give me your invaluable comments.