Potato Gravy For Chapathi Is very easy to make, and Most people welcome it.
In India, we prefer chapati or roti with gravy.
Indian ladies are brilliant. They did wonders with any vegetable presented to them. With the help of the local spices and condiments, they make a variety of dishes with potatoes.
Portuguese named Potatoes as “Batata”.
The Indians later retained it.
We eat boiled or Mashed Potatoes.
They are made into stews and added to many vegetables, curries, and various rice dishes like pulao or biryani.
Potatoes are rich in carbohydrate and have the ability to keep the stomach full for a longer time.
Potato Gravy Recipes Indian is a spicy variety than its counterpart abroad.
Potato gravy is made in a variety of ways. It can be made without onion, ginger and garlic as a pure vegetarian variety. Potatoes are used in many ways.
Potatoes are used as binding agents in patties, kebabs and cutlets.
They are used in stews gravies and pulavs and biryanis.
Boiled potatoes are eaten on fasting days to keep the stomach full for a longer time.
I have given a straightforward and easy method to make a delicious dish.
Potato Gravy for Chapathi needs the following.
- 4 potatoes
- 3 onions
Masala for a potato gravy recipe
- 1 onion longitudinally cut
- Grated coconut
- Pure ghee
- Turmeric powder
- Red chilli powder
- Garam masala powder
- 4 to 5 cloves of garlic
- Half inch ginger
- 6 cardamons
- 5 to 6 black pepper
- A strand of mace
- Half inch cinnamon
- 3 cloves
Potato Gravy Recipe For Chapathi
- Heat a cooker and add
- 4 teaspoon oil
- 2 teaspoon ghee
- 2 cloves
- 3 onions cut into pieces
- Keep the flame to medium
- Add potatoes cut into 4 pieces each
- Half teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Half teaspoon garam Masala powder
- Saute till onions become transparent
- Cover the lid
For making the masala of Potato Gravy
- Heat a pan and add the following
- Keep the flame on medium to low
- One teaspoon oil
- Half teaspoon ghee
- Whole spices, cardamom, ginger-garlic, cinnamon etc.
- Cut onion longitudinally
- Grated coconut
- Mix well and roast till golden brown in colour
- Grind this whole roasted masala in a mixer grinder to a smooth paste
- Keep aside
- Transfer this in the potatoes
- Add salt as per taste.
- Add water as per required consistency.
- Mix well
- Add half teaspoon sugar.
- Cook till 2 whistles.
- Let it cool
- Once the pressure reduces, open the lid of the cooker.
- Check for taste
U can eat this as Potato Gravy For Rice.
Do try it at home and give me your comments.
Let me know how you like Potato Gravy for Chapathi.