Peanut Ladoo with Jaggery is a favorite of children and adults as well. The Indian Sweet that Started it All The most common Indian sweets you’ll find in many markets. With only a few ingredients, these Indian sweets are quick and easy to make, but they’ve been around in India for quite some time. One of the oldest mentions of this Indian sweet was in the old Sanskrit text Ayurveda medicine book Sushruta Samhita dating back to 400 BC. What could be simpler than 3 ingredients? The three ingredients for making Indian peanut candy are generally milk, sugar, and roasted ground peanuts but ingredients may vary depending on how one wants to prepare it. I find peanut ladoo to be a favorite Indian dessert. My mom used to make it for me when I was a kid and it used to be my favorite. I’m not sure what makes it my favorite but I do know that it used to be a huge hit with me. It reminds me of a time when I was just starting to be curious about food and the world.My son and now my grandson both like it as much as I do and these Peanut ladoo with jaggery finish in no time at least at my home 🙂 Peanuts were also known as groundnuts are cultivated as rotational plants.
- Peanuts are rarely eaten raw. They are mostly roasted or fried.
- They are preferred as they are rich in proteins, fats, and various healthy nutrients.
- Packed with healthy fats peanuts also have high-quality proteins and high in calories
- Good to produce oil
- Groundnut oil is used in many homes in India
- Groundnuts are a rich source of vitamins like Vitamin E, Folate, Thiamine and also minerals like Copper, Manganese, Phosphorous
- They also contain antioxidants
Peanut Ladoo has an added advantage of Jaggery
- Jaggery is made from the juice of sugarcane which is very good for health
- Loaded with antioxidants and minerals such as zinc and selenium
- Jaggery increases the hemoglobin in the blood
- It is mostly eaten in winter and boosts immunity
- It cleanses the liver and flushes out harmful toxins
- Jaggery prevents anemia.
- It very useful for pregnant women
- It relieves joint pains in elders
- A peanut ladoo with jaggery a day for a child will increase his height and whole well being
Ingredients for making Peanut Ladoo with Jaggery
- 2 cup peanuts or groundnuts roasted deskinned
- 1 cup jaggery
- 6 cardamoms
- A tablespoon ghee