Let us see How To Make Sabudana Vada
Traditionally sabudana is used in making dishes during Navratri, Diwali, and fasting days
It is popular in Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, and Kerala
Maharashtrian Sabudana Vada Recipe is made with sabudana that is sago seeds and peanuts with potato, green chilies, cumin seeds and fried to golden brown vadas
Tamil Nadu produces sago seeds in India
Sabudana vada is often served as a side dish in a traditional Indian meal. These are typically when boiled until they are fluffy, light, and gooey. They can be served on their own or with chutney.
The vada is deep-fried until they are golden brown. Sabudana vada is a popular dish and is served with many different Indian dishes.
Sabudana is beneficial to the body
- Sago seeds are a great source of energy and are preferred on fasting days as they keep the stomach full for a long period.
- Sabudana has antacid properties.
- They have a cooling effect on the stomach and so they are preferred in fasts
- Sabudana has more antioxidants than vitamins and minerals.
- Sabudana is rich in vitamin C, Calcium, and iron to strengthen the bones and Iron to increase the hemoglobin in the blood
- To enhance the taste peanuts are added
- Peanuts or groundnuts are a great source of proteins
- Proteins build tissues and muscles in the body
- Due to the phosphorus, copper, and antioxidant properties, groundnuts are useful for the development of bones.
To make Crispy Sabudana Vada Recipe
Soak the sabudana in water for 2 hours. Drain and keep in a sieve to remove the extra water for 6 to 7 hrs or overnight . This separates each grain of sabudana. When preparing the dish we follow a procedure
So let us see How to make Sabudana Vada
Let us see The Ingredients For Sabudana Vada Recipe in English
- Take 2 potatoes.
- 2 cups of sabudana
- A cup of peanuts
- 3 green chillies cut into pieces
- A teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Salt as per taste
- Take 2 potatoes. Boil them in the cooker for 3 to 4 whistles. Let them cool. Peel them. Mash them.Keep Aside
- Take 2 cups of sabudana soak in 6 to 8 cups of water for 2 hrs. Drain the water and keep the sabudana in the sieve to remove extra water overnight.
- In the morning Sabudana is nicely seperated, puffed to double the size after keeping it overnight.
- Roast the groundnuts so that the skin can be easily separated. Cool.
- Deskin the groundnuts and in a mixer grinder grind into a coarse powder. Keep Aside
So let us see How To Make Sabudana Vada Crispy
- In a bowl take the puffed and double sized Sabudana by proper soaking and draining.
- Take the 2 boiled, peeled, mashed potatoes and add them to the sabudana
- Take coarse groundnut powder and add to the above
- Add green chillies cut into pieces
- Mix in salt as per taste
- Add cumin seeds and (optional sugar) as per taste
- Mix well
- Make in round shaped balls or vadas
- Heat a Kadai and put in the vada one by one
- Keep the flame to medium and fry the vada till golden brown
- Serve in a dish with chutney or tomato sauce
I have prepared chutney with it
Do also check out another yummy recipe Gajar Halwa Recipe with milk
Preparation for Chutney
- One-fourth cup roasted and deskinned peanuts ground into a coarse paste
- One fourth cup yogurt
- A pinch of salt and (a pinch of sugar) or as per taste
- Mix well
Our chutney is ready to serve with Sabudana Vada
Do try it and give your comments
U can also check this if u want more.
Our Recipe for How To Make Sabudana Vada Is Ready, this crispy recipe shall be liked by all, so try now .