Cucumber Dosa Indian Recipes is easy to make and is liked by young and the old
Dosa is a crispy and crunchy dish which is eaten as breakfast or evening snack
Cucumber originated in India. Our ancestors grew cucumber as a garden vegetable as a good food source over 3000 years ago. Though it is eaten as a vegetable it is a fruit
Cucumbers are very beneficial and our ancestors made delicious dishes out of them
If you want a thin, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside dosa? One that is served with curd or tomato Sauce or chutney prepared slightly less spicy or differently to enhance the taste of the cucumber ?
Cucumber, which is arguably the world’s most refreshing vegetable, can be used to make a crispy and delicious dosa. All you need is a cucumber, a few other ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen, and some time in hand to prepare this awesome dish.
The taste of this cucumber Dosa if eaten with fresh curd or with freshly prepared chutney is simply awesome. All the family members shall simply relish this Cucumber Dosa for sure.
The benefits of cucumber
- Due to its low-calorie content, it is considered as a “Diet Food”, though it is water laden up to 96% of water
- Fresh extracts of cucumber have antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties
- A slice of cucumber kept on an eyelid reduces its puffiness due to its cool temperature
- Cucumbers have nutrients. They are packed with vitamin C, Vitamin B, and Vitamin K along with minerals copper phosphorus potassium, and magnesium
- The good source of potassium in cucumbers helps as this helps reduce the sodium and maintains fluid balance to stabilize the blood pressure levels
- They reduce blood sugar levels and prevents complications of diabetes
- They are essential for strong bones reduces the risk of bone fracture
- Cucumber maintains the immune system
- Due to the cooling and hydrating properties cucumbers help to restore healthy and glowing skin
The recipes we prepare for cucumber in India are
- Cucumber sweet cake
- Chilla or dosa or Taushe Bhakri
- Cucumber and mint sorbet
- Baked Cucumber chips
Today we are preparing cucumber chilla or cucumber dosa or Taushe Bhakri
Ingredients For Cucumber Dosa
- 5 medium-sized cucumbers
- 2 cups and a half of roasted sooji / Rava
- Green chilies
- Coriander leaves
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
Procedure for cucumber Dosa Indian Recipes
- Take a big bowl
- Scrape the cucumbers
- Check the cucumbers if bitter
- Grate the cucumbers retain the juice
- Add salt as per taste
- Rest for 5 to 7 minutes
- The cucumbers after adding salt will leave more juice
- Add sooji / rava little by little mixing in the grated cucumber and its juice
- Add green chilies
- Coriander leaves
- Mix well
- Keep aside for 5 minutes
Now our batter for The Taushe Bhakri is ready
Take Tava. Grease it with oil on all sides. Spread a portion the size of a big lemon on the Tava like a chilla or dosa let it cook on both sides by flipping it and brushing it with oil.
Our taushe bhakri is ready
Don’t forget to check this awesome Aloo Patties Recipe.
U can also check this
As U can see this awesome Cucumber Dosa recipe takes hardly any time to prepare and also tastes very awesome. So what are you waiting for, This Cucumber Dosa Indian Recipes is a must-try.